Monday, October 10, 2011

Fun things to share....thoughts and photos....

I have had the privilege to do some pretty cool things over the last two weeks.  September 30-October 2     I was able to attend family camp at Big Sandy Camp.  This was especially cool for me, as my grandpa helped to start the camp over 50 years ago, my parents had their first date there, and I accepted Christ as my Savior there.  In fact, I have gone to Big Sandy every year for the last 33 years!  It is such a wonderful place and so special.  It was extra fun to spend it with some family and friends from church.  I have added some photos that family and friends shared online.  Part 2 of my thoughts come after the photos....

Cousins Alex and Evan!

Sweet Josiah!


Weeeee!

Pretty princesses!

DJ in his element!


On the dock....

Pals on a hayride!

So much fun - so tired!

The second cool thing I go to do was take part in a concert/picnic put on by my church (Faith Alliance), Heart of the City Worship Ministry, and The Union Gospel Mission.  Free food, music, and fellowship were shared at Conway Park on the east side last Saturday night.  I am so thankful to have been part of it.  I had been praying over this event for a while and was struck with how pleased the Lord must have been.....people from many different cultures, eating together, worshipping together, and loving each other on a beautiful fall evening.  Again, SO glad I got to be part of it.  I believe that the Lord really made a statement through it and I pray that we will be able and willing to stand up and help those who come our way as a result, with His enabling.




Feeling blessed!






1 comment: