Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Safe.....

I saw something wonderful this past Sunday....something that others may have missed in all of the activity that takes place after a church service.  I have the privilege of manning a visitor's station at my church and from my vantage point, I can see a lot.

Well, across the room, through the crowd, I watched for my toddler nephew's weekly run to my station for his piece of gum.  But, on this day, I saw that he was crying and trying to make his way through the crowd, calling out, "daddy! daddy!"  Then, when my precious brother saw him, he scooped him into his arms and held him, to comfort him and ask him what was wrong.  In the middle of that crowd, my nephew's main concern was looking for his father to comfort him.  He could have easily gotten lost amidst all of the tall people, but focused until he found daddy.

This made me think about Jesus.  I so often find myself caught in the maddening crowd of life, crying out for help from Him.  And, like my brother was there for my nephew, God is always there and ready to scoop me up in His arms and rescue me.  How very blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment